Thursday, March 31, 2011

Yesterdays mail excitement! And the best dusty SA EVAR! (pic heavy)

Hey guys,

Yesterday was an exciting mail day, my mailman must dread delivering my things, as I always have little packages coming! But if you remember, awhile ago, there was a free target beauty bag that was full of little samples and such. The offer ran out quickly, so if you missed it :-( but those of you who are still waiting on yours, lookie what greeted me in the mailbox!!!:

It was so cute all boxed up, I just had to take a picture!


And then I was forced to take another photo when I got it out of the box! Look at that adorable bag! I'm not sure I have a use for it though, may go into the "swap and shop" pile (if you are in the DFW area and want to be a part of the upcoming swap n shop please message me!)



The goodies: the cute little blue/white bag; its nylon and seems decently constructed for being free :). A coupon book with some wonderful target deals! (I intend on doubling up my fit me coupons and getting it!), a Revlon ColorBurst l/g sample in hot pink, full size Neutrogena lip balm (great stuff!), travel size of Nivea express hydration daily lotion, travel size of Pantene color preserve shine shampoo (also going into the swap n shop pile, as I don't use Pantene), and samples of Fekkai Shea butter shampoo and conditioner (I need to find an ingredient list on these to see if I can use them).


Also in the mail was a hello kitty fauxnad plate that was kindly RAOK'ed my way :). I havnt really played with konading yet, but now I am super motivated! I love HK!


And the star....*drum roll please...*
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

OPI DS Original!!!! (read below for story)


These are all taken indoors, no flash....the holo just jumps out of the bottle!




Isn't that gorgeous???

K, so how I got my grubby little mitts on this gem:

A few weeks ago I went on my very first "dusty hunt" which is essentially where you go hunting random salons for htf polishes from older collections. One of the shops i went to the lady was really nice, and as I was checking out (I got Merry Midnight, OPI Paris Coture for Sure, Absolutely Alice, and Catch me in your Net that day, amongst other treasures) she asked me if i was looking for something specific, and humoring her, since i figured there was no way she could get it, i wrote down the name of a few harder to find polishes, such as the ChG OMG and Kaliedescopes Collection, OPI DS Original, and Royal. I left her a number, expecting to never hear from her again. Well, yesterday I got a text, she said she had found one of the ones I was looking for and that I should come by and get it. Lo and behold my brand spankin new bottle of DS Original. I have no idea what sort of magic powers she has, but shes officially the best dusty lady EVAR! :-). When I came in yesterday to grab it, I poked around, there were a few polishes I saw that I wanted, but nothing I couldn't live without, and I am on a bit of a spendthrift hiatus. So those will have to wait. I think she was disappointed that I bought only one, but I promised her I would be back, and I meant it.

So that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

-GlamerGirl

PS. NOTD is Essie Playa de Platinum decorated with dots of color from a no name brand collection from Ross called "simply sweet" and OPI banana bandana. Post later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment