Monday, March 28, 2011

Intro and a little about me.

Hey guys,

Welcome to my blog, this is a nerdy sort of beauty blog, and will probably have mixed posts about my nerdom as well as my NOTD, reviews, and general love and tips about makeup and girldom in a boys world, aka the world of geekdom.

A quick disclaimer, I am by no means a professional makeup artist, I am mostly self taught, save for a few theatrical makeup courses and workshops, and tons of help from the ladies of MakeupAlley, youtube tutorials, and just basically teaching myself about stuff.

Now for the fun "about me"; I am 23 years old, and a student studying International Studies focusing on Peace Studies, hoping to someday work in the world of humanitarian aid and relief. I work two jobs, and go to school first time, so this blog, while I will try to update it often, is not at the top of my priority list. I love all things glittery, sparkly, holographic, and generally shiny, I love things labeled "kawaii" in the cute Japanese fashion, lolita, gothic lolita,  and himegyaru fashion, as well as leather, spikes, and general motorcycle chic style. I am quick to try new things, and am honest and opinionated to boot! :p

I got into this idea because, through much convincing, I realized I was a nerd. Like, full on. One day, I woke up, and in a conversation with my boyfriend realized that knowing how to speak minimal klingon and having browncoat slang in my regular everyday vocabulary just wasn't "normal", and most of my friends are guys, who really dont give a shit (scuse the language, i cuss like a pirate) about what color my nails are that day, or that I just scored knockoff hello kitty earrings at the dollar beauty store (adorable! btw). My geekdom and my love of fashion and makeup go hand in hand oftentimes, and this is where I intend to express and share that love. I hope you all enjoy it, I am always open to suggestions, and if you send me questions I'll add them to the "coming soon" FAQ :)

Thanks guys, I hope you have as much fun with this stuff as I hope to!

-GlamerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment