Tuesday, March 29, 2011

NOTD: Pretty holos on a gloomy day

Hey Guys,

I was hoping today was going to be pretty, but the weatherman was telling the truth when he said it was going to be gloomy and rainy. I recently got some holos and wanted to try one, so I put on DS Shimmer over Borghese Notte Black (i love the brushes on borghese!!!). It certainly isnt my finest work. even over black, DS Shimmer required A LOT of coats to get the look I was searching for, and as we all know, the more coats, the more room for error. It would have been better if i could have found my black creme (Wet N Wild), but it seems to be hiding.

My boyfriend, who is away in the military, helped me to choose these colors, which is a large part of the reason I didn't change it when i realized the weather was going to be so ucky. I love any excuse to think of him, and looking at my sparkly fingers is an excellent one, I think. Also, he said he wanted to see something "prismatic" but he doesnt use the same terms we do :p

See, Gloomy Day :-(



In the pics below the top one is the holo INSIDE and the bottom is it OUTSIDE. It was so icky today that none of the holo showed up in the sun, inside you can see it some, but sun would still be better.

And once again, PLEASE excuse my cuticles, I know they're sad looking, but its a work in progress. :-(



Anyway, verdict is I really love a good holo effect, and borghese notte black is a gorgeous sheer black, and DS Shimmer is great for layering, though I don't think I'll do this exact combo again, the payoff just wasn't what I was hoping for.

-GlamerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment