Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ulta haul pre-planning

Hey guys,

In case you didn't know, I've been on a "no-buy" or at least a "very low buy" for the majority of March, I intend to still have my curb the spending habits active until my birthday, June 10th, at which point i will buy many things :) Many happy things :). However, my Grandma gifted me with a 20% off coupon for ulta, good next week only, and for %20 off an entire purchase, not including benefit services and Dermalogica (which is a shame, because while I'm not a benefit fan, my cousin has made me want to try Dermalogica products). So basically I'm going to let myself have a bit of a mini haul, just buy a few things with the coupon that I've wanted for awhile but wouldn't buy at full retail price. Okay, you got me, I hardly buy ANYTHING at full retail, I stalk sales like a mofo, and the internet is my best friend. But I really cant say no to a good deal, and this coupon definitely qualifies, so this is what I am thinking about getting:

Most of the China Glaze Anchors Away collection- this is a gorgeous collection but its one of the few China Glaze collections that aren't being carried at Sally's Beauty Supply for some reason or another, and that makes it more expensive, since beauty club prices and sale specials make everything worth it usually. So with this coupon I want to pick up a few, for sure lighthouse and below deck, but I'll decide when I see them in person. The swatches I have seen are so beautiful and unique, I can't wait for this one.



OPI Teenage Dream if they have it: I put off getting this one because I don't usually like pink polish, but this color is so amazing and I just NEED it on my little piggies for summer flip flop season. Unfortunately, its out of stock EVERYWHERE, transdesign still has it but I can't justify paying for shipping for a single polish. (Though they also still have "Whats With the Cattitude" which is another one I passed up at the collections start that I should have jumped on like white on rice!)

Some sort of matte blush or contour palette for the pale a$ girl: I have just been getting into the art of everyday contouring. Previously, it was something reserved for stage for me, as all the contour/highlighting id learned had been in theatre class. Since then, I've seen some very convincing YouTube videos and face of the day photos that make me see the magic of contouring, however, I don't have a matte bronzer or anything i can use for this, and most bronzers I try off the bat look dark, orange, or like I'm covering my face with dirt. So, with that in mind, i need to get a good bronzer to start doing this. I know Smashbox makes a contour palette, but i need to see what other brands have before I make a final decision. Any ideas?
Too Faced lip gloss in "barely legal": I have been seeing a lot of light milky pink lips lately, and I love it. I think its such a cute look, but I don't have any l/g like that in my collection already. My lips are rather pigmented, so I tend to stray away from buying light lip glosses/lipsticks because they can wash me out and settle into the lines on my lips, looking weird and kinda gross. Buying this isn't 100%, as I need to try it to see if it looks awful on me, I may end up buying it and then returning it if it doesn't work, since I am not sure if there will be a tester I can try on in a sanitary way. But I am very much looking for a color like this, if you have any suggestions let me know.
BareMinerals Travel compact for loose powder: I haven't seen this at my ULTA, but also, I don't wander into the BareMineral section often. BM breaks out my skin and generally just doesn't work very well on me. However, while traveling recently on spring break, I saw a loose powder compact, and it was perfect for my MUFE HD Powder that i have been looking for a way to keep in my purse. It had a little mini 'buki brush, and a place for powder and a sifter and lid, all contained in a nice little case. It really is perfect.


That's what I'm hoping to haul, but due to funds (the aforementioned products aren't cheap :-/) and availability some may have to be delayed until further notice. I am looking forward to it though. Anything i didn't mention that i NEED? Or do you have a suggestion for a product? Post below! Thanks!

-GlamerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment