Friday, April 15, 2011

Black is Back, babe!

Sorry its been so long since my last post, life has been nuts, with final projects being due, class registration, and about a thousand other things I am not sure if you even care about. But here's some fun stuff for the day, I decided to compare some black polishes since it seems like everyone has a black polish. I didn't have Illamasqua Boosh to compare with, but i had some other staples, so lets see:

compared the following:

1. WnW Wild Shine Black Creme
2. ORLY Liquid Vinyl
3. Milani Black Magic
4. Borghese Notte Black
5. ORLY Matte Vinyl
6. Kiss Nail Art Paint SPA12 Black
7. OPI Black Shatter
8. Destined Nail Color, no name
9. OPI Baby its "coal" outside

Here are the pics, Ill give a breakdown after:

(all of these are 1 or 2 coats, no tc or bc)



I have no idea why the milani looks brown here. Its black IRL.


Sorry for picture quality, I need a new camera :-(








Here are my thoughts, as pictures can decieve,

My favorite out of all of them (sorry I dont own Boosh so i cant say for sure in comparison to that one) is that my favorite, hands down, is WnW Black Creme (no. 1). All of the others requred a second coat for evening out, but the WnW was a true one coater. It dried quickly and easily, and down to a high shine. The milani and the orly are nice, but not AS nice, suprising seeing as how the WnW was the cheapest. I got it today for 69 cents at walgreens!

My least favorite was the ORLY Matte Vinyl, mostly because of the texture. Its a personal thing but i really hate the "chalkboard: feeling of this one (though hey, thats a cool nail art idea :) ). I had trouble getting the black to shatter, but its unique, and the borghese, while not 100% opaque after one coat, has a jellier finish, with some shimmer and its truly unique, if i was just going to wear straight black, id wear that one probably.

The kiss art pen looks lumpy because at first i was just going to do stripes on the swatch nail, but as it turns out i suck at that, so i just colored it all in without removing the stripes. The result was what you see above. I would use this for nail art, but the quality of the np is that it doesnt really dry down quckly and is sort of rubbery imho, its very thick, good for konading or nail art, but if you tried to do a full mani with it it would never dry.

The last two fall into the "black" catagory but arent true black cremes, just lovely colors on their own. TBH I like the OPI BiCO better than the Destined one, but for the price it couldnt be beat (super cheap at a surf shop in CA).

Thanks for reading this guys! Tell me what colors you want to see next!

-GlamerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment