Monday, April 4, 2011

Kleancolor, Goldie, and Ulta 20% F&F

Hullo there!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was full of excitement! I decided to try out some of my dollar store nail polish that I picked up a while ago at some itty bitty 99c store. I have heard really mixed things about the brand Kleancolor as well as Santee, and I have probably about five of these total. The big concern over them is that they smell TOXIC, like...bad. Most polish nowadays is formulated B3F, which basically means that they're less toxic, without formaldehyde and toulene and some other nasties. However, the kleancolor brand, which when applied smells like some toxic chinese sweatshop, was too tempting not to pass up. I bought a cute heart glitter from them and was rather excited. But I am pretty sure I lost whatever was left of my brain cells when I was putting this on. The green base color is a color (don't remember the name, I'll update this later with it when I get home) from NYC that I've had for YEARS...Its not very pretty IMO and I seriously doubt that they still make this color. I chose it cause the DBF suggested this color combo. It didn't clash with my skin or anything but I just didn't like it. That and the smell from the kleancolor didn't dissapate, while trying to fall asleep that night the fumes were giving me a headache. So naturally, this mani didnt last.




I changed it to this:


Yep, I'm holding a mouse. It was the first thing I saw to grab when I did the pic, heh. This color is actually unnamed, its by Goldie and this is the most color accurate picture I have, its a lovely burgundy with a gorgeous shimmer running through it. I have plans for this mani and I can't wait to show you what I plan to do!

And lastly this week (until April 9th) is this years Ulta %20 off for friends and family :). If you were lucky enough to get an in store coupon in the mail, it DOES NOT exclude prestige, as so often the coupons do. The online coupon excludes prestige cosmetics (basically anything mid to high-end) but its still a good chance to get something youve been lemming.

Since I was lucky enough to have an in-store coupon (from my Grandma! I didn't get one in the mail :( ) I went and grabbed some of the China Glaze Anchors Away collection I had been lemming, as well as the remainder of the ORLY CosmicFX collection, because that collection, while it has dupes elsewhere, is just too gorgeous in my humble opinion.

I also snagged the Amazing Cosmetics concealer since it was half off for their last event of the "21 days of beauty" event. I wouldn't have spent 42 dollars on the tube, but for 21, which as a college student I still consider a good chunk of change, it is really amazing. Its creamier than my Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer concealer, but still excellent on the coverage, it blends right into my skin. If anyone is wondering I got the shade "fair", I typically wear the lightest color but suprise! the lightest one in this is too light for me, which leaves hope for us palies yet!

I also ended up grabbing Urban Decay 24/7 shadow pencil in midnight cowboy and korres lip butter in pomegranate, and a couple clearanced Vintage Vixen nail polishes. I pretty much blew my budget for the coming month, but since I don't plan on spending any more for awhile, I am just going to take it in stride. Ill do reviews on these products individually in the coming week or so, as this post is getting to be rather long and I don't want to drive you all nuts reading this book!

-GlamerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment