Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sorry ive been gone!!! And Just Tinted SPAMalama!

Hey guys,

Thanks for being so understanding about me being gone for so long! School took over and pretty much consumed my life, that and I work two jobs and have other extracurriculars, so GlamNGeek just got pushed to the backburner a bit.

My collection just keeps growing! So fast! I am working to get swatches done quickly for you guys, but for now I thought I would just share some just tinted spam from this weeks hauls. I actually nabbed these for a grand total of $2.22 at H-E-B in Austin, Tx. If you have HEB where you live, RUN dont walk to your nearest one! There are $3 revlon coupons that make nail polish a measley .74 cents! :-D. I also grabbed some scented ones I had been wanting to try, and then ran to CVS where i got 3 free revlon top speeds with some hot coupon action. ($4 extra care bucks from a revlon np purchase, and a $1 revlon coupon.) They ended up owing me a penny for each one! But I decided to go easy on the cashier ;)

For those of you who don't know, Revlon has just released a new collection called Just bitten/Just tinted. It has lip stains and sheer matte polishes, intended to give the nails a blushed look. They dry matte, but can be shinied up with a glossy top coat.

And, without further adeiu:

they are, left to right, Desire, Victorian, and Dawn (not 100% about the last one, as the label was mussed up). This is two reasonably thick coats, and the best lighting I can muster in the middle of the night with a camera phone. :-)



All in all, I really feel like these are exactly as described. Sheer mattes, very squishy, almost like super sheer jellies. There is absolutely no way to make the opaque on their own, no matter how many coats you wear, so if thats your thing maybe these arent for you, or perhaps layer them over another polish.

Speaking of layering, I'm really curious to try layering these over things. Giving a pink tint to a gold glitter, and such, doesn't that sound exciting!?

-GlamerGirl

PS. I am trying to get the comments fixed, because they don't seem to be working right now, but as soon as i get them fixed i hope to hear from you guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. Test 1-2-3

    :-) I think i got them working! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i reallyyy want those revlon polishes! i haven't found them anywhere though :<

    ReplyDelete